The 20th Congress is organized by Dubai Land Department in conjunction with the International Property Registry Association (IPRA-CINDER)
The official languages are: Arabic, English, Portuguese and Spanish
The congress will be focused on two main issues:
- Topic 1 The Land registries as producers of Data.
The use (and misuse) of land registry data. What is the data used for? How is it published? How are countries balancing transparency and the demand for public data on one hand and privacy and data protection on the other. The big data and the land registries
- Topic 2 Smart Registries in a Smart City
E-conveyancing\conveyancer\ registrar \ and its impact on the role of land registries. At what point does the land registry’s practice become a legal rule? How is the law changing to reflect developments in technology? The role of land registries in making law.
For speakers who want to present their presentations in the panels or academics who want their papers to be in the congress’s publication should submit initial abstracts of papers of maximum 700 words. The abstract should address one of the 2 congress topics.
Submission of initial abstracts can be made in the four official languages of the congress.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee as they will make remarks or give an advice and will give a rough indication of the size of the final paper.
After accepting the initial abstract, the authors will be invited to submit full text paper and a presentation as it can be made in any of the four official languages and the final abstract just in English.
- If received after the mentioned dates below, it cannot be guaranteed that papers will be included in the proceedings. Papers that do not use the review comments might also be removed from the program and proceedings.
- Abstracts and papers can be uploaded and sent through the website
- The format and length for papers is as follows:
- No more than 30 veneers.
- Document in letter size and 1.5 line spacing.
- Times New Roman type.
- Typing size 12 points.
- The same typeface must be applied to all text (quotes, including notes and bibliography).
- Written in the official conference languages but the final abstract must be written in English
The key dates are:
- Deadline for submission of abstracts, October 15 (Thursday)
- Communication of acceptance and observations, November 15 (Sunday)
- Deadline to submit the full text of papers, January 15 (Friday)
For more information, please refer to the official website: www.cinderdubai2016.com