The 21st congress is organized by Superintendencia de Notariado y Registro of Colombia in conjunction with the International Property Registry Association (IPRA-CINDER). The conference will be held on May 2, 3 and 4 in Cartagena de Indias.
The official languages of the conference are: English, Portuguese and Spanish
The congress will be focused on two main issues:
- Land titles and the peace process: How to solve land disputes and the role of the Land Registry. Land restitution and native titles.
- How to reform Land Registries?
- The collaboration between Cadasters and Land Registries.
- The new technologies and the reform of Land Registries (Blockchain and Land registration).
- The organization of the Land Registries for the XXI Century. (Management privatization of the land registries)
- How to measure security in Land rights? The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of the United Nations
For speakers who want to present their presentations in the panels or academics who want their papers to be in the congress’s publication should submit initial abstracts of papers of maximum 700 words. The abstract should address one of the three congress topics. Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee as they will make remarks or give an advice and will give a rough indication of the size of the final paper. After accepting the initial abstract, the authors will be invited to submit full text paper and a presentation as it can be made in any of the four official languages and the final abstract just in English.
If received after the mentioned dates below, it cannot be guaranteed that papers will be included in the proceedings. Papers that do not use the review comments might also be removed from the program and proceedings.
The key dates are:
- Deadline for submission of abstracts, February 7th (Thursday)
- Communication of acceptance and observations, February 15th (Friday)
- Deadline to submit the full text of papers, April 2nd (Monday)
Abstracts and papers should be send to the following e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The format and length for papers is as follows:
- No more than 30 veneers
- Document in letter size and 1.5 line spacing
- Times New Roman type
- Typing size 12 points
- The same typeface must be applied to all text (quotes, including notes and bibliography)
- Written in the official conference languages but the final abstract must be written in English