- In the city of Buenos Aires, on December 2nd, 1972, the INTERNATIONAL CENTRE OF REGISTRATION LAW (“CENTRO INTERNACIONAL DE DERECHO REGISTRAL”) is founded, composed by the CENTRE FOR MORTGAGE STUDIES OF SPAIN (“CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS HIPOTECARIOS DE ESPAÑA”), the PUERTO RICO INSTITUTE ON REGISTRY AND NOTARIAL LAW (“INSTITUTO DE DERECHO REGISTRAL Y NOTARIAL DE PUERTO RICO”), the INSTITUTE ON REGISTRY LAW OF THE NOTARIAL UNIVERSITY OF ARGENTINA (“INSTITUTO DE DERECHO REGISTRAL, DE LA UNIVERSIDAD NOTARIAL ARGENTINA”) as founding organizations.
The Centre is an independent open structure organization of international nature, to which any academic and professional entities related anyhow to its speciality may adhere.
2. The management of the Centre will be at the charge of a General Secretariat.
3. The International Centre of Registry Law shall have the following aims:
- To facilitate and organise the communication between its members, in order to coordinate its activities and to strengthen bonds of unity and fraternity.
- To promote and to encourage the study of subjects and matters relating to registration.
- To spread these studies and any other investigation related to the speciality by means of publishing a magazine of international nature.
- To give advice on the subject matters referred to the speciality.
- To be used as an office for the exchange of books, magazines and publications related to law, technology and registry organization.
- To try to create Centres or Institutes on Registry Law in all countries.
- To call Internationals Conferences every two years or with another regular recurrence as the circumstances may determine.
4. According to the proposals of the member countries, the General Secretariat of this Centre shall draw up a bill of regulations for its internal organization, which it will have to spread between the member countries for its review and approval by the Conference immediately to follow.
The country that is designated as head office of the Centre shall be in charge of proposing the person to be appointed as Secretary General.
The referred regulations shall, based on the territorial areas of performance, create branches for the better compliance of the purposes of the Centre.
The regulations shall state the economic and financial system of the Centre.